- Hospital Law
- Insurance Defense
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Litigation
- Premises Liability
Olestine Turenne was born in Gonaives, Haiti. She earned her Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, in English from the University of Florida and her Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad College of Law in 2019.
Prior to joining the firm, Olestine worked at various defense firms throughout Central and South Florida, in addition to the Office of the State Attorney, 17th Judicial Circuit, in Fort Lauderdale. She has more than three years of defense experience in developing case strategy, conducting and defending depositions, mediation, drafting and filing court documents, and legal research.
Olestine joined Hall, Schieffelin & Smith, P.A. in 2022. Her practice focuses on the defense of healthcare practitioners and organizations in medical malpractice and premises liability matters. Olestine enjoys traveling, brunch, mentoring, yoga, the arts, and spending time with family and friends.
- Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D., cum laude – 2019
- Honors: Dean’s List 2017, 2018, 2019; 2017 Haitian Lawyers Association Scholarship Recipient; Rose Family Changing Lives Scholarship Recipient; Best Oral Presentation at the National Health Law Transactional Moot Court Competition
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.A., cum laude – 2015
- Honors: Dean’s List 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Major: English
- Florida, 2019
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Paul C. Perkins Bar Association
- Haitian Lawyers Association