- Medical Malpractice
- Insurance Defense
- Hospital Law
- Nursing Home Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Health Law
- Hospital Security
Mayasa Abdul-Rahman was born in Baghdad, Iraq. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Finance from Virginia Commonwealth University and her Juris Doctorate from Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad College of Law with an added Health Law Certificate in 2018.
Prior to joining the firm, Mayasa worked at various defense firms throughout Florida and Virginia. She also worked with the Criminal Fraud Division of the United States Department of Justice in Alexandria, VA. Mayasa’s prior experience includes defending corporations and individuals in civil litigation, corporate and consumer law matters.
Mayasa joined Hall, Schieffelin & Smith, P.A. in 2023. Her practice focuses on the defense of healthcare organizations in medical malpractice and premises liability matters. Mayasa enjoys playing with her dog, Leo, traveling, and spending time with her family and friends.
- Nova Southeastern University, Davie, Florida
- J.D. – 2018
- Co-Vice President and Executive Board Member of the Student Health Law Organization
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
- B.S. – 2014
- Major: Finance
- Minor: Criminal Justice
- District of Columbia, 2019
- Florida, 2021
- Department of Justice – Criminal Fraud Division
- Central Florida Medical Malpractice Claims Counsel