Julie A. Tyk
- Medical Malpractice
- Hospital Risk Management
- Health Law
- Airport/Aviation Defense
- Premises Liability
- Insurance Defense
Julie Tyk was born in Buffalo, NY. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Law Studies from the State University of New York at Buffalo and her Juris Doctorate from Barry University School of Law in 2010.
Julie is an AV Rated civil trial lawyer with more than a decade of experience in medical malpractice defense, healthcare law, general liability, and insurance defense litigation. She has extensive experience representing hospitals, physicians, nurses, midwives, pharmacists, long-term care facilities, and emergency medical technicians throughout the State of Florida. In addition, Julie has handled a significant number of first-party and third-party claims on behalf of insurance company clients throughout Florida involving coverage disputes, breach of contract, bad faith, and premises liability.
Julie joined Hall, Schieffelin & Smith, P.A. as a Partner in 2023. Her practice focuses on the defense of healthcare individuals and entities in medical malpractice, premises liability, and other litigation matters. Julie enjoys hiking, cooking, playing with her dogs, and spending time with friends and family.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- U.S. Healthcare Compliance Certificate Program Candidate – 2023
- Barry University, Orlando, Florida
- J.D. – 2010
- Honors: Barry Law Review Note and Comment Editor
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Amherst, New York
- B.A. – 2000
- Major: Legal Studies
- Florida, 2010
- U.S. Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Southern District of Florida
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- ‘AV’ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell